Monday, November 9, 2020

#5 Christmas quilt

This was the fifth quilt I have done for this customer who is really well prepared for the holidays.  

I had never done a quilt where the edges weren't straight.  As you can see this one is zig zagged on the side edges.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do a panto on this one without running amok with the stitching but it came to me while sleeping  if you can believe that and so I tried it.  



As I advanced each row of the design of the pantograph, I taped to the pantograph table the shape of the sides of the quilt.  Each time it had to be changed, so it entailed a bit more work, but in the long run it is exactly what I needed to do. 






The quilt got completed  without too much problem from all those biased edges. 


I used the Bush Berries pantograph on this one.  



Again, she used a minkee backing for her quilt and the stitching shows up beautifully.  


So, even after a few years of working on quilts (hand guided), I am always learning something new.  

My next quilt is a different holiday themed.  

I think I need to get busy as these gals are really on their game when it comes  time to be getting ahead of things for the holidays.  

For me, I am so behind!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...