Monday, January 17, 2022

Life.......

My excuse for not posting for so long is "life".  Lots of things going on, but no one big thing to post about.

Took a quick round trip from MI to FL to GA and then on to OH  and back again with some visiting and shopping interspersed throughout.  

We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with the whole family.

Guild-wise, I did a trunk show with my mini group and pulled quilts from the last 20 years when  we had first met. It was a success.

We had our charity sew-day where we worked on twin-sized quilts exclusively for aged-out foster kids.  I still have those quilts coming in.  That, too, was a success.  

The two Christmas gifts I was working on were a couple of scrappy pieced fabrics made into large make-up bags.


I got a cashmere mitten kit for Christmas and made those up before the end of the year.

 I am still working on my sweater, just not  with a whole lot of gusto.

Next step for this sweater is the colorwork on the cuffs.

The one thing that I have  really put my nose to the grindstone on is when I pulled my quilts (some UFOs) for out trunk show, I found 4-5 blocks from a class I took in 2005 from Karen Stone ....The New York Beauty.  2005!!!  Good grief.  Would you believe I have been collecting batiks until most recently  as 2021 for that quilt?  I guess it was time  to get this one in motion again.  

I am at 43 blocks at this point.  The plan was to do 72 blocks, 8x9 blocks/rows;  but I have five rows of 8 already sewn together and I am thinking that I might be happy with just 7 rows.  I will see once I get closer to the finish line.  I am enjoying making this one and it makes me wonder why I put it away for so long especially since I was still collecting fabric.  


Well,that's just a quick synopsis.  If I think of more, I'll report at a later date with hopefully even more things to report.  



1 comment:

  1. stunning blocks for the New York Beauty, and the sweater looks so intricate.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...