Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Some more Christmas

Here's another Christmas quilt.

My original intent on this one was to use red thread because the red in this quilt was so rich, but once I laid it out and took in the whole quilt, I realized that there was a lot of gray to this quilt along with silver designs.  Then with the backing being a silvery gray minkee, the perfect thread in my stash was called Nickel by Glide. It happened to be just a sample of Glide when I first got my machine and I held my breath that there would be enough to do this quilt which was fairly large and the quilting was quite dense.  Luckily it worked out well with some to spare.  





The pantograph on this quilt is called Bush Berries.  I have used it several times in the past where berries or cherries seemed the way to go.  


I love how it turned out on the minkee backing, too.  


This is going to be another great, warm quilt for the holiday season.  

Happy quilting, although I am going to sit and knit for a bit.  Gotta do something for myself once in awhile.  :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...