Monday, September 12, 2022

I give up.....

This is why my quilts keep getting put on the back burner.  

I did someone else's quilt today ; Dianne's Elk quilt.   

My longtime friend requested that I teach her how to quilt, so we have spent a couple of weekends showing her the basics of  putting a quilt together.  

She went to her local quilt shop and picked out all the fabrics with the help of the staff and came to me with the fabrics for the top, the back and the batting.  No pattern, just an idea from something she saw in the quilt shop (size of the blocks, 8 1/2"  and number of blocks).  


She chose the Cha Cha pantograph for me to quilt this one for her.



Dark grey Glide thread on top and medium grey pre-wound Fil-Tec bobbins were used to compliment the quilt.  



I used the medium grey bobbin so that it would show somewhat on the black grunge fabric backing.  
The picture does not show just how black the fabric is, but it really shows up the swirls of Cha Cha really well. 


She has the binding made and all ready to be applied at the next lesson.  I think she is really pleased at how well her first attempt turned out.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...