Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Sweater Weather

 At least it is almost sweater weather, but I have been knitting to be ready for this time of year.  

I went yarn crazy one day and bought enough yarn for two projects.  This is not a "usual" for me.  I do one project and then start another.  These two were bought at the same time and started at the same time.  

I did have to finish the vest first because I ran out of yarn halfway through the project.  Yikes!  That is something you don't want happening, but between me and the yarn shop, we had trouble figuring out a substitute for the particular Norweigian yarn hat was used on the original pattern.   Oh well, it worked out just fine.

This pattern is called the Weekend Slipover and worked up quickly and  is so warm  using the Blue Sky yarn along with mohair.  


It's off the blocking boards and ready to wear.  



The other project I had going at the same time was my Forestland Sweater. 




I had this sweater done through the colorwork before I had to put it down to finish my sweater vest.  



Once I was back at it, it didn't take long to get the rest of it done.  



It, too, is blocked and ready to wear.  


But the cutest little, happy caterpillar is Lucia.  I made this little sleep sack some time ago for a friend who knew she wanted it for one of her "future" grandchildren.  This little gal is just a few weeks old and the sleep sack was ready and waiting for her.  

Knitting season is not over for me.  There are a couple more projects in the work, but no rush.  I have plenty to keep me warm this winter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...