Monday, September 13, 2021

It's just that time of year......

There's not the problem of kids going back to school here, but overall it's just been a crazy summer and a busy coming into Fall.  

There have been several hospital and doctor visits with my hubby which resulted in my casting on socks.  Before it was all said and done, I had two pair of wool socks made in the heat of the Summer.  

Then there was prepping for the first 2021-22 guild meeting (I'm charity chairman) that I ended up not getting to attend because we had a one week window to finally get away from home.  



That rainbow was well worth the visit up North.  

Prior to leaving,  there was lots of prep for me to get things together for the guild  meeting and hand things over to my friend to get things to the guild members.   

On returning from up North, I made a concerted effort to get all the quilt that I had accumulated from this months' donations and ones that I had been hanging on to because Covid would  not allow me to donate.  We donated 40 quilts to a cancer center; 71 quilts to Project Linus; 39 kennel quilts to a local animal rescue and a handful of quilts for Turning Point.  All-in-all, that's a great feeling.  

A customer quilt (actually two of the same) got quilted just before I left and I have to tell you that these quilts put me in the mood for Fall.  




These were so stinkin' cute.  

I have two sweaters cast on and I thought I would work on them while up North, but that never happened.  I did take them out of their bags to show what I was up to, but did not take a stitch.  

The one I really want to work on is the Hinterland sweater.  


This green yarn is working up so beautifully.  It has a teensy little sequin running through the strands and gives the effect of running through a light snowfall and the sparkle that is left from a snowflake is left on your sweater.  I think/hope it looks great when done.  

Well, I am going to sit and stitch for a bit.  I do have a baby quilt to make, a customer quilt to quilt, sweaters to knit, house to clean, more doctor appointments in the near future......just plain busy, but I am sure you know that sitting to knit or stitch is what brings peace of mind.  So, I hope you are finding some peace of mind once in awhile.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...