Thursday, August 26, 2021

Digging around

 While looking through my sewing room cupboard for something (which by the way, I haven't found yet), I came across this tin that has had a bunch of strings in there for quite some time.  I always felt that someday I was going to do something with them, but it kept getting put back for a later date.

These were left over strings from a long ago block exchange I did with Robyn Pandolph fabrics.  I really loved her "old" lines of fabric that were so soft and muted.  

Well, the other day, I had nothing really pressing going on, my sewing table was "really" clear and I felt like some mindless sewing.  

This tin was filled with all those strips. The tin isn't all that big either.  


I thought I might just get a doll quilt out of them.  So I started sewing in log cabin style with the intent of using it all up. 


I kept sewing and sewing; and as I ran out of full lengths of strips, I started sewing together like-colored strips to make them long enough.  

I ended up with a quilt that is nearly 45" square.  


I am loving it!  To top it off, I now have an empty tin, too.   It feels good to use it up and have a pretty quilt on top of it.  

Now to decide on a backing And how I want to quilt it.  

Anyways, it's a good feeling.  




1 comment:

  1. Good job! It's nice to have those old favorites out in sight, right?

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...