Friday, May 21, 2021

Some found blocks.....

Digging around in one of my boxes of fabrics looking for what I don't know now, I found a pile of blocks that I did eons ago.  I totally forgot all about these blocks, but it has to be at least 20 years ago back when my living room was in these colors.   

There were 14 blocks. 

If I laid them out like this, I would need to make two more blocks. 

I could lay them out like this and then only have one blocks to make.


But that was too odd shape wise. 

Why oh why did I make 14 blocks?

I really don't want to make anymore of these blocks anyways.  

So, I decided to eliminate two blocks and go with the 12 blocks.  The blocks measured out 12 1/2" unfinished.  


So I ran to the store to see what I could find to finish this quilt top and this is what I came up with.  


As I was putting the pink sashing on, I now discovered why I made 14 blocks.  Two of my blocks were too small, so I made two extras so that all of them were 12 1/2" unfinished.  I would really have been up a creek if I  only had 12 and two of them were too small.  Of course, the two I pulled out originally were my least favorite, but now I had to use them and eliminate a couple nice ones.  

Anyways, pink sashing is on.  


Then I attached the dark teal, skinny border. 


Last is my lighter teal, print border which I bought enough for binding, too.  


I now have another completed quilt top and another very old UFO completed.  Feels good to finish up old projects.  

I could make quilt tops all day long if I didn't have to make the blocks!  

Now to find a good backing for this one and then it goes on the to-be-quilted pile.  

There are the two blocks that didn't make the grade which  may just go into a charity quilt.  We'll see.  


I, also, try to make sure I cut and make my bindings when I make my quilt tops so that I am ready to go once it is quilted.


Onto the next project!








 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome .... another ufo done ..... and such a pretty top! Good idea for the binding at this stage.

    ReplyDelete

It wasn't my plan.....

My original plan for today was to get batting cut out for three of my own quilts and maybe about four charity quilts for the guild. Of cours...