Sunday, April 25, 2021

Keeping busy lately.....

 With sticking around home as much as we have been lately, lots of things are getting accomplished.  I have been working on the longarm the last couple of days and got four quilts quilted.  The latest was a customer quilt .

She cut up this adorable panel that she is sure came from Australia because of some of the unusual animals (umbrellabird, python, etc).  




I used the Bubbles pantograph on this one with Gray SoFine thread..  Some baby is really going to love this one.  

There's, also, been some non-stop knitting going on all winter and until recently.  

I started the Weekender sweater by Andrea Maury .  I thought I was taking my time working on it trying not to work at a feverish pace, but did finish it in a timely manner.  

I used Madeline Tosh Farm Twist in the colorway of Tiny House.




I haven't worn it yet.  It still needs to be blocked, but I love how it turned out.  

While I was working on this project, I decided to organize my yarn.  I think because my daughter needed something and everything was such  a mess, so organization needed to be done.  

Well, while doing that, I came across a couple projects that need to be made in the near future AND I found some yarn that could become projects, so in the middle of making the sweater, I made a pair of socks.





There's still some skeins in the stash that will make another pair of socks, I have a shawl pattern with yarn  in there (little worried about it because it is 2-color brioche which I haven't done before) and there's a hat pattern with yarn  that I keep picking up and the pattern doesn't make sense to me so it keeps getting put back.  I am determined to get it all done eventually with probably a few new projects added in between.    

So, as you can see, there is forward motion going on all the time around here.  Things may slow down now that the weather is turning warmer, but I always need to be doing something with my hands, so we will see what is next.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...