Thursday, December 17, 2020

Hot little needles

 Actually, these were hot "big" needles and this  project worked up pretty quickly,

I saw this pattern on Instagram (I really need to stop getting influenced on Instagram).

It's called the Leaf Sweater Winter Edition.

There was a yarn I wanted and it was out of stock at the time I was looking for it and lo and behold, there was someone on Ravelry who had exactly the amount I needed in their stash for sale......SOLD!  



There's a close up of the leaf pattern.  


Using the large needles and the chunkier yarn, this worked up so fast.  Look at how puffy it is looking.



In no time at all, the body was done.  All I had to do was the sleeves.


Here it is all complete. It's a bit scrunchy. Needs to be blocked and get that lace opened up.



After a little soaking, putting the sweater on the blocking boards and giving it a bit of a stretch, the lace opens up.   It will dry overnight.


......and after all that, it fits!!!


Wish I could admit that the needles have been put away, but I have already started a pair of socks.  Oh well,   I am keeping the hands busy and before we know it we will be in the depths of winter, so this is a great way to pass the cold winter months.  

Let's see what will be next.  There are plenty of things on the docket, but which one will be finished first is always a surprise.  


1 comment:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...