Monday, April 6, 2020

Winter progression..... (this post was started a few weeks ago)

I started this post several weeks ago and kept adding info as I was going, but then life got in the way.....husband's health, the corona virus, etc.  So, I thought I had better get it out there before I just decided to delete the whole thing.....especially since it is Spring already.

I've had to  learn a lot on one of my latest knit projects.  
Intarsia; German  twisted long tail cast on and magic loop.  (Well, forget it....I gave up on the magic loop and used double pointed needles.)

I like the challenge of learning new things on knitting projects but still  all I want  to do is get  the  project done and start wearing it; but, it's a good thing in the long run.

Parts are done. Just have to sew them together and then knit the neck band.





In the meantime, I have been busy with my charity chairperson duties.  I had thrown together fabrics  for 30+  kits in preparation for some volunteers to cut  fabrics and get them ready for the masses to start sewing.  I even threw together 3-4 kits that are ready to go, too.  I really didn't realize how time consuming this position would be, but I think we are making up some really nice quilts to be donated to those in need.





Well, with the way life has progressed around the world, all our meetings have been canceled and my cutting party to complete these kits had be canceled, too.  So, my party of "one" (that being me) during the quarantine was spent cutting the remainder of the kits.  Other than batting right now, all the kits are ready for the next time we get to meet.  Hopefully, that time will be at the May meeting.

Prior to the quarantine...... 

I was still getting puppy kisses when I could.  Maple is growing so fast.  Boy, does she have a lot of energy, too.  



Wish I could drop everything and take a nap like she does.


She has since lost most of her puppy looks and now looks like an adorable dog and I can't wait to see her again.  Hope she hasn't forgotten me.

Then there was some more knitting that took place while I sat waiting in the hospital for my DH to get through some tests.  I was well on my way with this Cat Love Hat and nearly had it finished by the time we left the hospital.  I have since finished it.  


That should cover this post.  More has been happening around here since we are all quarantine, but that will be saved for another time.  






1 comment:

  1. Well strange times and we just keep going....hope all is well and your family is healthy. You are truly a "1 man show"...you will be ready when everything starts up again...be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...