Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The things we do in quarantine......

Been trying to keep busy as I am sure most of us are.  

So, the first thing I did was pull this fabric I bought a year ago.

It's a llama flannel.


My intent was to make a pair of pajama bottoms but I didn't like the pattern that I had on hand, so I ordered this one from McCalls.



Why I waited a year to do this, I don't know; but they fit great and are super warm. Love them!



Then I ordered some more yarn for myself.  (Like I need more knit projects)



This is for the Pebble Wrap pattern.


I am putting this one on hold for a little while since I am still working on the Cocoon wrap.




In the quilting department, I made a pact with myself to finish an old UFO.  I actually wanted the bin  it was stored in for some new fabric.  Oh boy, once I pulled this out  I found the receipts for the fabric.  I am ashamed to admit this was started in 2000.  


It's a paper pieced quilt.

Several of the blocks were done.  I do believe I had intended on making the larger of the quilts pictured on the cover of the pattern.  (90x110).  I have since changed my mind.  I won't be using all the blocks that I had done, but with my doing the 70" square quilt, I can use a good majority of them.  

I started here......


Only needed to add a few extra blocks.


Center is done.

Now to see if I had enough fabric to make the piano key border.  So I cut all my strips and laid them out on the paper backing for 20 of these.




Then there are 8 of these corner blocks that need to be made.


Just need to piece the blocks together and attach them and this top is done!!!

DONE!!!




(except for all the papers that have to be removed from the back)

Now on to something new.

Stay safe everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Flannel llamas! Just says comfy...and all your blocks look perfect but the circular “saw blade” is amazing - love those new yarns and know something lovely will come off your knitting needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quick. When you date your quilt will you put 2000 or 2020 on it!
    Love the PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...