Monday, August 15, 2022

Been longarming.....

I've been standing at the longarm for days There is an oooooolllllldddd quilt that has been sitting on the "to-be-quilted" pile for some time.  It needed custom quilting in my mind, so it intimidated me.  Thus, it's been on the pile for a long time.  Longer than I thought.  I would have guessed 2012, but I actually have 2008 appliqued into one of the blocks....OMG!

That's ok though.  I have the confidence now and the majority of it is quilted after six days of quilting.  I got it to the point of taking it off the frame to turn it to do the last two borders (I just felt more comfortable doing it that way).  

But....in the meantime, I had a customer who wanted a quilt done before a certain date, so I have squeezed in her quilt just as I was  turning my quilt.

Fortunately, her quilt was a small one and I got it done in one day. 

This is one of those 3 yard wonders.


She used a fabric called Lucha Libre Wrestling by Michael Miller.


I used the Patriot panto by Urban Elemenz which  had the star element to it that the customer suggested but it also made me think of the Bat Man "Ka-Pow" look to it, too.  


What's even nicer is that she almost always uses Minky for her  backings and  shows the quilting so well.  


So, my quilt goes back onto the longarm tomorrow to finish those last two borders.  I'll save that quilt for another post when it is completed, but it is definitely a work in progress. 

Stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...