Saturday, May 7, 2022

Busy Spring! ....is it Spring?

Is it Spring?  I question that when one day we have 80 degrees and within a few days we have snow, tons  of rain, cool weather, etc.  It just can't seem to make up its mind. 

Easter has come and gone.  We didn't have a typical Easter dinner this year.  We killed two birds with one stone by having out annual Puerto Rican dinner  with meat pie, pastillos, tostones, rice and beans, mofongo, and flan.  I think everyone enjoyed that food just as much as they would have the Easter ham and deviled eggs. :D  

I did have a candy charcuterie for the family along with some Easter birds nests.

 
Had to separate those things that had peanut butter in them as one of the grands has a peanut allergy.  

Another thing that kept me busy was going on retreat with guild members.  We had such a good time.  I took three quilt projects and a knit project and never got past the first project.  


I'll discuss this project more at length in a later post.  It's quite involved.

Had a lifetime friend come to visit for a few days and we sat down so that I could teach her to quilt.  She had purchased fabric to make a quilt for her significant other.  The quilt consisted of only 10" blocks, but we started from scratch by teaching her how to cut the fabric and then got to sewing the blocks and rows together.  She got half of the quilt done here.  The rest she will take home and finish piecing....I hope.  I will then show her how to piece the backing; I will quilt it for her and then I will teach her how to bind. 


I've been busy doing a couple customer quilts since returning from retreat, too.

This one is an Aunt Gracie fabric quilt.  I think it is a 9-patch variation.





Also, did a labyrinth quilt.  Customer wanted an E2E on it, so used the Bauhaus panto.  





Even though our Michigan weather has been a bit unpredictable, we are hoping we are finally heading to some warm weather, so we dropped a wad on some annuals and herbs.


Got all these planted.  With Mother's Day being tomorrow, I am sure I will be getting some hanging baskets from the kids.  The yard will look great with all the color we are planting.  

That's it for now though.  I am sure there was more, but the last month or so has been a blue.  

I do have a commissioned quilt to get to and now that the customer quilts are quilted, I can devote my time to that.  There are lots of other things that I want to get to in the near future, so we will see how it goes.  

Have a Happy Mother's day tomorrow.  









1 comment:

  1. What a nice sweet spread for Easter!
    It was fun catching up on your projects and what pretty flowers!
    it's still a bit cold here for planting

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...