Tuesday, May 17, 2022

May Update.....

It was quite awhile ago that I was working on this sweater.  I had ripped it back a couple of times and restarted it.  Then got busy with something else.


When I got to this point (just prior to starting the colorwork on the sleeve), I realized the sleeves were definitely going to be too long.  So had to rip back again. 


I finally bit the bullet and tried it on, did some measuring and pulled back both sleeves.  Actually one sleeve was to this point and the other sleeve had half of the color work done.  I had to shorten the green a couple of inches.

It's finally done.  Guess I won't be wearing it until next Fall, but that's ok.  


Another project that I worked on was for an exchange gift for  our next and last guild meeting for the season.  It had to be something small handmade by us.  So I threw together this little triangle zipper bag.






I have one of these for myself that I use for all my charging cords.  I keep my I-phone, E-reader and tablet cords in there all in one place and it's a great grab and go when we head out on vacation or I go to retreat.  Never without my charging cords.  

I've, also, been working on a commissioned quilt.  The top is done.  Now it goes on the pile to be quilted.  


For the May guild meeting, I participated in our Whistle Stop.  I demonstrated reverse applique.  I prepared a few blocks to show step by step, but now I see that I have a new quilt started because I am really loving these blocks.  


I have a whole bin of white/black and black/white fabrics, so I am thinking this is going to be a long term project.  I think it will be so worth it in the end though.  

Well, I need to get busy on and get some  customer quilts quilted, finish my commissioned quilt and I have picked up a languishing knitting project.  I can see the next few days/weeks being busy.  


 

1 comment:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...