Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Sweater weather.....

It snowed here this past weekend here in MI.  So, I guess we can call this sweater weather for sure.  

I finished my "GoldWing" sweater just in time for these chilly days.  

I have been working on this sweater since October 11, but kept putting it down so that I could work on customer quilts.  I think it could have been done in a short period of time if I could have dedicated all my time to just knitting, but you know how it goes.

Color work starts almost immediately in this pattern as you work from the neck down.  




Once through the color work, the body goes quickly.


I added a little colorwork at the hemline just for a little more interest.

Once one sleeve is done, you can't wait to get the last sleeve done.  Here I can almost taste the finished project.



It's been soaked and now on the blocking boards. 


While waiting for it to dry, I have already pulled my needles and yarn for the next project.

 

Shameful, I know.  I'm a quilter, but I have gotten hooked lately  with the knitting bug.

Here's the finished  Goldwing sweater.  






I love it.  Not sure the color shows up well, but it is a plum  (colorwork) and the body is a grayed lavender.  

There's already a list of other sweaters that I want to make.  I can't knit fast enough AND there are about nine quilts to be quilted on the longarm.  I'll get to them.  When?  I don't know, but hopefully in this lifetime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...