Thursday, October 22, 2020

Said I wouldn't do it....

The needles were going to stay in their case, so that quilting could get done; but yarn was calling my name.  What can I say?


This is Malabrigo Dos Tierras in Pearl and Pearl 10 (a grayed lavender and a plum) hand dyed yarn.

I was just going to give it a start.


Then I said I needed to get it beyond the colorwork because I was going to work on it while sitting in the hospital waiting room....again.


I am already halfway through the body now.  (insert rolling eyes here!)

Oh well. 

I have learned several new knitting skills with this project.  Thank goodness for YouTube.

German short rows.

Invisible increases.

Two handed knitting  (combination English and Continental knitting) for the colorwork

Helix quilting for blending in the hand dyed skeins.,

There were a couple of other things, too; but I can't remember them off hand now.  

I guess I like a challenge.

So, I am to a point that I can just do some straight knitting now while at the hospital; therefore, I thought I had better get to the long arm and get another customer quilt finished.

There was this pretty, muted pastel, chevron-type quilt that was calling for some modern quilting on it.  


I did 1" increment stitching in a white Glide with White Filtec bobbin.  With the 1" spacing of stitching, it keeps the quilt soft and snuggly which is how this quilt is going to be used.  She is going to snuggle with this quilt on a bedroom chair while she reads in peace and quiet.  


I think the customer will be pleased.  


Ok, that's it for now.  I have to go and find some projects to work on for a quilt retreat next week.  I haven't really sat at the sewing machine for most of the summer it seems, so I don't know what I will take to work on.  All-in-all, it is just going to be refreshing to be with a bunch of guild members just to chat and visit.  I am not sure it would even bother me if I didn't get anything accomplished.  I have just missed friends!

I suppose my next post will be all about retreat.  If not my progress, it will be someone else's.  So, stay tuned and enjoy your upcoming weekend.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...