Monday, September 7, 2020

Not a lot to report......

There's always that point in time during the summer that I go into a sewing slump.  That time is about right now.  

Hopefully, after finally getting together with some of my quilt guild buddies this week (that is if they show up for our outdoor picnic luncheon as I am sure some are still afraid of COVID), I hope to regain some of that desire to get back into the sewing room. 

In the meantime,  I have been knitting up a storm.  There is some Christmas  knitting going on that  I can't share yet, but  the yarn that I showed in my last post has been progressing quite well. 







I find that I really love color work and this project was a little more challenging than the last one; but I am pleased at how it turned out.  I just need to finish the front of this Navelli tee and some short sleeves and this one will be done.  There's already another color work on my want-to-do list, but we will see what happens next.  

Actually, we are ripping apart a bedroom right now.  Carpet was removed  today so that we can install hardwood floors next week when the wood is supposed to come in.  Hope to get new bedding, lighting, an area rug, drapes, blinds  and we will be having it painted in a couple months (our painter has a long list of clients which has been delayed because of the quarantine).  So looking forward to seeing this all come to fruition.  

So sorry I don't have more to share this time around.  I haven't forgotten my blog, but life has been busy with a trip to PA for a wedding; a trip to Ohio to look at Amish furniture, and just daily life.  I do need to get more motivated in getting some of my projects done around here.  As you all know, it seems the minute the kids go back to school around here, the weather changes overnight and before we know it, it will be winter again.  Makes me sad to see summer leave, but then again, I won't miss 2020.  Things just have to improve for next year!

Ok, I promise to have more to show next time around.  

Happy Labor Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...