Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Keeping my hands busy.....

 I have been keeping my hands busy during these long summer months.  Yes, I say long as normally the summer just flies by, but with COVID running our lives, time has really seemed to drag.  Of course, if time is going to drag, I would want it to be summertime for sure.  

Quilting has been on the back burner for awhile.  I kind of burnt myself out with charity work and working on super old UFOs that have been haunting me for some time.  In the meantime, I have picked up my knitting needles and have really been hooked with knitting projects .

If you remember the colorwork tee I was working on, I have finished it.




It's a boxy fit, but not too boxy  Since the weather is starting to cool off, I have worn it over a long-sleeved t-shirt and it works out well.  I loved the challenge of the colorwork.  I wish I had used a bit  more of a contrasting color within the colorwork since the whitish yarn is a little too close to the muslin color of the body of the sweater, but it looks good and fits well, so I am happy.  

Alternating between working on this, there has been some knitting on five smaller projects that will be Christmas gifts, so I have to save sharing those until later.  

Of course, there has already been another trip to the yarn shop since completing the Navelli Tee.  It will be another colorwork, long-sleeved sweater using two colors of yarn.


The colors are called Pearl and Pearl 10 but I would call them Lavender and Plum.  These are hand dyed; and I am anxious to get this one started.  I thought I had better get to the long arm first  and get to that pile of quilts that are waiting to be quilted.   

The first one I finished today was a charity quilt from fabrics from the  guild's charity closet.





I have had bindings cut out since getting some quilt tops done, so I will hunker down one of these evenings and start to hand stitch bindings down,  

So, stay tuned.  Now that I am back to quilting, things will be getting done.  Plus, I will be going on retreat soon, so quilting will in the forefront again.  

Happy Fall everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Good morning from New Zealand. I love your knitted top, so effective with the colourwork. Although I do knit, never done that sort of two colour work before, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon from the North Shore of Lake Superior. We are on our first and only rv outing of the year. Needing a break from all the chaos in this country! Your sweater is stunning and the yarn colors are classic. Looks like you are staying busy in the quilting area too. Though I am not blogging at this time it is so nice to check in and see what you are up to. Hoping you and family are staying well and safe.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...