Monday, August 19, 2019

Three bushels plus + + +......


My girlfriends and I spent a day together working on some Laura Heine projects.  My project is the Phoebe flower which will use up some of the fabrics I bought on our two-day shopping excursion.  I pretty much just got my pattern traced onto my background and all my pieces traced onto Steam a Seam 2.  


I am getting anxious to find the time to get moving on this project, but other things are calling my name first.  

My friends are working on a bumble bee (which will be gorgeous upon completion, too)

Some other summertime activities have been canning three bushels of tomatoes with my daughters and daughter-in-law.  We toned it down a bit this year from our 4 1/2  bushel last year, but we all walked away with the amount of quarts that we wanted. In total we got 63 quarts. 

After getting that completed, I picked up an knitting UFO that had to be set aside for one reason or another.  One of the things holding me back was a stitch or two that I really didn't like the looks of, so.....I decided to drop some stitches to get to that bad stitch to see if I could fix it. 


Creating a "run" in a new project  was a bit scary as I had to go several inches back.

But.....


it worked out great.  You can't even tell where I dropped those stitches.  I love YouTube for showing me how to do this. 

Now to keep going on this sweater so that just maybe I can wear it come this Fall.

Then there was the Woodward Dream Cruise (hubby's hobby).

Here are just a few of the cars I saw and was able to get pictures of before they whizzed by.








They sure had great weather for the Dream Cruise and after a week of running down to Woodward, ....just like that....it is all over. 

Then there was finally some time at home that I could get to another customer quilt. 

This one is called "Evening Blooms" by Blackbird Designs. 

I so would have loved doing a custom job on this one, but the customer requested an e2e, so I used the pantograph called Denise's Rosebuds.

I think any quilting on a quilt makes it come to life and this one certainly turned out well. 








It's done and on its way home to California as we speak.  I sure hope my customer loves it.  

Now to start digging into that charity room.  It needs organizing and I need to start making some kits for the first guild meeting that is coming up.  So, stay tuned for a tour of the charity room before I get buried in there.  

3 comments:

  1. Love the Phoebe pattern & how clever of you to fix your knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the knitting guru!! And love the look of that yarn - my favorite color for sweaters. Wish we lived closer - you could rescue my problem area that has occurred while decreasing by the shoulder. Lovely quilting on the Blackbird Design quilt - your customer will do a happy dance too. Hope you can share those bumble bee images from your friends...this is definitely the summer for bees:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those shopping excursions involving fabric purchases fun! I did some of that while on vacation recently.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...