Sunday, August 11, 2019

Mish Mash II......

I need to knuckle down.  My projects are still all over the place.  

I thought I had better start using up some of the enormous amounts of fabric I bought when the girls and I went on our two day shop hop.  So I pulled these fabrics.


There was enough to make two of these.





Then there were some e-mails from my guild regarding whether to have a quilter's to quilter's sale, so I started going through my things looking for what I wanted to sell; and I have quite a list of things.  Of course, now they have put it off for a few months until we  can get a vote at one of our meetings.

While digging in the sewing closet, I came across several projects that I wanted to get done.  One was this knitting project that I had had some problems with a year or two ago and thought just maybe I can do it now.  So, I have  the pieces knitted and blocked and they are waiting to be stitched together to become the Boxy Lace Top (kind of a t-shirt cover-up). 




I, also, came across my dad's shirts.  My goal was to make a couple things (pillows, throws, wall hangings or whatever) out of them, so I decided to sit down one night and finally deconstruct them.  It took two evenings; and it was a little melancholy, too. 


It's down to one bag.


.....and I got several buttons out of it, too. 



Another project that I wanted to work on was a crochet border for a Christmas stocking that I had made.  I was using a cotton thread which is pretty fine.  It has been nothing but problems, so I pulled out some cotton yarn thinking if I made it bigger that I could see my stitches and maybe figure out what I needed  to do.  That didn't help, but since I had the cotton yarn out, I decided to make up the skein into  dish cloths.  





Then I thought I had better get to a customer quilt that has been sitting here.  

This is a campy/woodsy themed quilt and I used a pantograph called "Denise's Rosebuds" on it.  










Need to keep on this roll since I have another customer quilt waiting in the wings.  I will be using the same panto for that one, too.  

There were a few other things that I touched, but really didn't make enough headway on them to even mention, but hopefully my next post will be about getting those completed.  So, until next time....keep on stitching.  

2 comments:

  1. and really good progress you did make. Bet it felt good and sounds like you were on a roll. Keep up the good work. Hate when I get in a rut and putt from one thing to another and that is just what I seem to do lately ;(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green and shades of purple are always a winner...the quilt loaded on your LA looks so pretty and the texture being created with that panto is perfect. I can feel the energy level you have - lots going on across the way!! We kept some articles of clothing from my father-in-law - have good intentions to incorporate them into stuffed teddy bears...just need extra hours in the day...

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...