Thursday, August 22, 2019

Oh....how I love fabric......

Do I need any?

NO! I do not.

But does that stop me from wanting or buying more?


This doesn't account for my pushing the buy button this morning for more black and white prints online.

Why am I buying more fabric?  I got so much inspiration yesterday after attending the AQS Grand Rapids show.  Sharon and I only made it for one day and we really crammed in as much as we could in that one day.  

Another purchase was a fabric kit for the pattern that I bought on our "not so long ago two day shopping excursion".....a Laura Heine bird cage project.


(front of package)


(back of package)

I, also, needed some thread.


I just couldn't pass up that cute tree fabric with the adorable pink cars either.  

What was some of that inspiration you say?

Well, I was so drawn to the contemporary quilts with lots of bright colors at the AQS show and here are some of my favorites.







Her's and His made me chuckle.



Some quilting designs were so inspiring.  
















All the quilts were beautiful, but these were the ones that made me ooh and aah when coming around a corner to see the next quilt......color, graphic designs, quilting (oh, the quilting), the humor, etc.

We did see the "Prince" challenge put on by Cherrywood Fabrics and it was awesome.  

I will say that one day is not enough to see the Grand Rapids show.  We saw the quilts, but only got to get through maybe 2/3 of the vendors.  Then again, we didn't NEED to buy anymore, so the less vendors we hit, probably the better.  

Well, I guess I had better get busy sewing.  








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing some of the spectacular quilts at the show...I can see why you really got revved up about the brights - they are so appealing and make a beautiful statement. Love your fabric package for the Laura Heine project and the tree fabric with the little pink cars is so adorable! That His and Hers quilt would be perfect in most any home...my daughter-in-law would love it!! Have a super fun time settling in with all the new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that seeing the quilts are great and do make me want to sew more and more so I buy more and more....wait, do they do that on purpose? Good purchases and see new projects for you in the near future...;))

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...