Tuesday, June 18, 2019

It's really starting to feel like summer here.......

We are still having tons of rain almost on a daily basis but when the sun shines, it does feel like summer.  

Tonight DH and I went to one of his many car cruises.  Not that this one is a "cruise", but there were 480+ cars on display at Culver's and that 's all because the weather was glorious, plus I get dinner out of it, too.  ;D



One other day this past week, the weather was great, but Sharon and I were stuck indoors (I guess I shouldn't say stuck because we chose to do this) taking a long arm class with Angela Huffman from Quilting Joy and Fons and Porters Love of Quilting on PBS. Those are not  her only attributes....I can consider her a long time friend.  That friendship started way back when we were first on Alex Anderson's message board some umpteen years ago.


I came away from this class with a wealth of ideas and some of those ideas will be put to use on a custom quilt that just came in the mail from Alabama yesterday.  Sorry, not sure I can share, since the owner is going to be putting this quilt into a few shows.  I'll share when I can,  

While I was waiting for this quilt to arrive, I got Nancy H's Christmas, Stag Head, panel quilt onto the long arm and did the Knotty Pine pantograph on it.  I love this quilt and think the panto was just perfect for this quilt.  Good choice Nancy.




Also, in one of my previous posts I was telling you about getting a room ready in the basement for my new position as Charity Chairman for the quilt guild.  Well.....one pick up full, two SUVs full to the brim and another car with five garbage bags full of fabric came to my house.  Five of us went through all the fabric and sorted out what was usable for our charity quilts.  It is now in the "room"; but awaiting organization.  I have had to set that chore aside for now as I am busy quilting.  That will be on the agenda very soon though as I can't stand being disorganized.    Once I get back in there, I will give you the tour.  

Ok....to get busy while the weather is damp, so that when it is nice, I can enjoy the outdoors, too.  

Happy Summer.....any minute now.



2 comments:

  1. Cruising with DH looks like a fun evening and supper to boot...can't ask for more! Love the quilting on your quilt top and so perfect for this one.....really nice !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t you love those soft summer days when you can stroll around together and just take in the moments...love the knotty pine quilting design and on that quilt it was perfect! Special friendships when you both speak the same quilty language can’t be beat...

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...