Saturday, May 18, 2019

Sew-In

Today was a sew-in day with some of the guild members; and as I am sure you can imagine, my main project for the day was the Bonnie Hunter Hunter's Star quilt.  

I was on a mission to get that top done and off my to-do list.  I marvel at Bonnie Hunter's followers that can whip these things out when they are doing the mystery quilts.  I swear they can do each step overnight.

Anyways, Sharon had me lay (actually, I think I collapsed) on my quilt top after putting in the last seam.


Now I just need to piece a backing and it will be on the long arm in no time at all. 

Also, this week, I ran to a local quilt shop that is closing because of retirement with the intent of getting some pink fabrics at $5 a yard for a couple pixelated heart quilts that I want to make.

While there, she had a quick little demo on a cute zippered bag using a 7" zipper. It's just big enough to put your chargers in when traveling.  I thought this would be perfect as my black chargers for my Fitbit, phone, and Nook all seem to get lost in the bottom of my suitcase that has a black lining.  This way they will all be in the same place.

I whipped this up with some scrap fabric that I had in the stash.


I quilted my top layer along with some batting to give it a little more structure.


I really like how it turned out.  

As for my purchases, I walked away with 15 yards of fabric (not all pink), but plenty to make my pixelated heart quilts and a couple backings for some baby quilting or charity quilts.  

So, I am feeling that this week was pretty productive.

Now to get a couple quilts onto the long arm; both of which I want done before the next guild meeting.  

Happy quilting everyone!  May you get something done that has been weighing on your mind for  some time.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your Bonnie Hunter quilt top finished!!! Great finish and looks wonderful...bet it feels good to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very fun photo of you and the quilt top! Perfect illustration of how we feel when a large top is all together. Like the fresh green sparks throughout and know you will create a wonderful texture with long arm quilting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...