Thursday, June 6, 2019

Reaching my goals....

There were two quilts that I wanted to get on the long arm and get bound before the next guild meeting which is next Thursday.  The first quilt was the guild's mystery quilt.




I quilted this one using the Chantilly pantograph.

Didn't have enough scraps left over to make the binding, so had to run to the store for a solid Kona that matched really well with my reds.



This is now bound and done!

Then I wanted to get the Bonnie Hunter quilt on next (Hunter's Star).  This was a big one!




What with so many seams, I needed a pantograph that was pretty dense to hit and hold all those seams, so I used the Azaleas pantograph and I think this did the trick. 

I bought fabric on sale for the backing ($5 a yard).  Well, I shorted myself one yard, so found another $5 a yard fabric, bought one more yard and pieced it in the middle.  Both of the fabrics were Fig Tree fabrics, so I was pretty sure their colors would match closely. 



This was another quilt that I didn't have enough scraps left over for the binding, so another trip to the quilt store to buy a green Kona solid. 

It is now bound and ready to go.



It's amazing what you can get done when you set your mind to it.  

I'm a happy camper; and minus a lot of scraps, too!!!



1 comment:

  1. Well done!!! Your LA machine must have been smokin’ by the time you finished everything. Liking the flowery swirls quilting design in the first one too...a nice contrast to the geometric piecing of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...