Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Clearing off the sewing table.

Got into the sewing room over a few days with the need to get things cleared out of there; and I started a guild challenge quilt where they supplied six fat quarters and we are to come up with a quilt to keep or give to charity.  Since that one is going to be judged and there is a point system where depending on certain achievements with this quilt such as size, adding extra fabric, quilting it, binding it, etc., the winner will be chosen at our June meeting.   I will hold off showing that for now, but the center of the quilt top is done.

Then I thought I would pick up my green strings and throw a few more together.  I had 100 June Taylor foundation papers cut out so I filled the rest of them.

Here are my 100 blocks.


I still need 20 of these for Bonnie Hunter's quilt.  Think long-term here.

Here's how some of them looked up on the design wall. 



Since I ran out of the papers, I thought I would pick up my "plus" blocks, but to get to them, I had to move my red/white/blue blocks that you can see here when I first cut out my strips and threw together a couple.  I started cutting and making them in November 2018.  Well, I thought, what the heck....I'll just work on these.

Well, 81 blocks are done and the rows are pinned into piles. This should finish around 54" square.  


That felt good.  Now I can put away the rest of the red/white/blue fabric clearing a little more of my sewing area.

This was all over a couple of days. Now I am burnt out a bit, so I picked up my Rikaart cowl that I, also, started back in November.  

It was a good thing to walk away from this since I thought I was stuck again.  I picked it up and all made sense.  So I am on a roll again and actually in the home stretch.


My next project in the sewing department is going to be a baby quilt for a gift. This was the reason for getting my sewing room back in shape.   I have to go and buy the fabric..  I need to devote my time getting this one done.  I'm anxious to share this one with you AND will as soon as I get to it.  


1 comment:

  1. Really liking those greens - and so uplifting during these long cold gray days of winter! String quilts are popping up everywhere this month & it looks like you are right in the mix. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...