Tuesday, January 8, 2019

One week into 2019......

  Here we are already a week into January.  Time is flying by so quickly already.

So, I thought I would stop in here and let you know what I have been up to. 

I got over the hump (where I was stuck) on my Rikaart cowl.  Now I am well on my way to getting this knitting project done.


Completing this project will take care of all the patterns and yarn that I bought last summer on my shop hop.

Of course, it doesn't stop there, I made a trip up North and had to hit Wool'n'Honey and bought a couple more skeins of yarn.


One is wool and the other is mohair to be added to the strand of wool while I knit.  Look at how fine that mohair is!


This is going to be a hat when completed.

Are you one of Bonnie Hunter's followers?  I follow her, but I never thought I would ever make one of her quilts.  As you know, there are always 500 of this; 480 of that, another 480 of that, etc.  It always sounds so daunting.  

Well, I have been wanting to use up some of my stash and she offered up a free pattern just before the new year, so I went hunting into my stash and thought...well, I have a lot of greens, maybe I will start there.

So, thus far, I have 77 of a 120 string blocks in green.


This is just going to be a long-term project for me.....maybe a retreat project if nothing else is going on.

While up North visiting my sister-in-law (my knitting co-conspirator), she told me about her making Greek yogurt with her Instant Pot.  That really peaked my interest and it was really good, too.

So, I came home and even though I didn't have an Instant Pot, I did have a Pressure Pro which is supposedly equivalent.  

Well, I am sure it is user error, but I have to say that my Pressure Pro did not come with very good instructions or were there many recipes available in the book they gave me or on-line.  In fact, I have had more fails than successes with this pot.  So.....after hours of going through the steps for making Greek yogurt, I had an epic FAIL It immediately went down the drain. Needless to say, I was really disappointed and had pretty much had it with this pressure cooker.

My husband was probably tired of hearing me complain, so he just said go out and buy the Instant Pot.  I did; and I made Greek yogurt with no problem at all.  

If you don't have an Instant Pot and have been thinking of getting one, I have to say the instructions are easy to follow, there are tons of recipes on-line and there are support groups on Facebook and elsewhere I am sure.   

Anyways. starting out with 1/2 gal of no-fat milk and just a couple tablespoons of yogurt with active ingredients, I have my own homemade yogurt.




Had to have some, so added a couple drops of vanilla, some honey to sweeten it and then some blueberries that I picked this summer.  Pure heaven!


On top of it all, I got a quart of whey.  Now to find a use for the whey.  

I may try making some bread with it.  We'll see.

Ok......going to get back to my regularly scheduled day.  



1 comment:

  1. Love your Instant pot conversion story! Our son has been making his yogurt in the IP for months and never buys Noosa or anyother brand now. One of the best inventions ever - we use it frequently. Such pretty greens going into your Bonnie Hunter project - I think I have more greens than any other color in my stash...well...maybe reds...or...!
    Gorgeous yarn and luscious colors.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...