Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sew-In day with the guild.

Things never got unpacked from retreat earlier this week.  So I  loaded everything in the car again and  headed over to our guild's Sew-In day on Saturday.  I continued working on my Linked-Up quilt and got all the sashings on.  

We had a vendor at our Sew-In who has been slowly going out of business (retiring along with medical reasons), so everything that she brought that day was marked down significantly.  We were her LAST vending arena; and she said she didn't want to take anything back home with her. We made quite a dent, but there was still plenty of fabric to be packed up again.  


From left to right....the check fabric is a total of 5 yards for the back of my Linked-Up quilt for a whopping $15; the next one was a yard of blue tiny dots to be used for the border of Linked-Up for $3; two yards of the blue for pillowcases ($6); white fabric with red squares just because ($3); the next two fat quarters were for a basket quilt that is a "want to make in the future" and  the light FQ is a just because for $3.  

The center of the quilt was completed at the Sew-In.


Tonight I completed the two borders for the quilt.
There's my tiny dot fabric for the outer border.  Not a bad match.




All this just to stash bust my charm pack.  Who would have thought I would have to buy 4 1/2 yards of sashing, a yard for a border and five yards for backing.  Oh well......I have  a quilt that is ready for the long arm.  

One other thing that I just touched on this weekend was the red/white/blue fq's that I cut up on the Accuquilt.  I cut a bunch of them in their 3 1/2" lengths and started putting them together to get an idea of how it will look.


I think this will make up a cute little quilt  or maybe just a table topper; but this is just for when I need to do some mindless sewing.  

I am somewhat caught up on quilting other than a customer quilt.  Now I have the knitting projects calling my name.  

Hmmm...what will win out?




1 comment:

  1. Our own guild just had a friendship block 2 months ago that called for red, black and white. Really a fun and striking combination just like yours! Nice job on the Linked Up quilt - you are really moving along. And what good deals you got on those store closing fabrics. A backing for $15 is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...