Friday, November 2, 2018

Where has the week gone?

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I was at a mini retreat with my gal pals.  I was almost to the point of thinking that it wasn't worth going to since we were showing up at 11:00 on Monday and then leaving already midday on Wednesday.  In my head I felt like I only had one full day of sewing.  

I was wrong though.  

I got plenty done  and there was lots of sewing happening.



This was my work station.

Here's a pic of the quilt that I was working on. 



I put it  together from start to "almost" finish.  It is called Linked Up.  The pattern was found on YouTube and it is a Missouri Star quilt using a charm pack.  Check it out.  It was super easy.

I say "almost" because most charm packs come with 42 charms and mine only had 40, so I had to come home and find a couple more fabrics that would go with it before I could complete the last row.....and I have to do some shopping around for a print border to totally complete this top.

Now....for someone who says she is trying to use up her stash, where is the sense in using up a "charm pack" when you have to go out and buy 4 1/2 yards just to make all the sashings and still have to buy the final border?  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Oh well.

I, also, put in a little time on my "pluses". 

(no pix at this time)

One of these days this quilt will be done. 

At the retreat we were gifted some fat quarters thanks to Nancy's generosity (or maybe it's just because she is just trying to whittle down HER stash). 



Anyways....whatever the reason, I have decided to do a simple little quilt that she showed us at retreat, so for a "sew-in day" that I will be attending on Saturday, I have cut the FQs up in 2" strips and will work on that quilt hopefully. 



Then to top it all off, after getting home from retreat, I got myself over to my favorite yarn shop (Ewe-nique Knits) to look for buttons for my poncho AND went with a pattern to look for yarn for an oversized sweater I wanted to make.  

I left there looking like a bag lady filling my bag with goodies.



I found my buttons.


Found my yarn for my oversized sweater (bulky)


.....and bought yarn for another sweater I have been wanting to make, too. 


Like I don't have enough to do, right?

I'll check back in after tomorrow's sew-in day and fill you in on anything new.  

For now, it's over and out as I have to get up earlier for more sewing.   😊





1 comment:

  1. That oversized sweater looks wonderful and would feel really great this evening...winter has come to the northwoods...wind, snow, sleet...I think your knitting would be a comforting idea. Your retreat must have been so much fun and very productive....and never long enough!! But don’t you feel revved up!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...