Thursday, January 24, 2019

More finishes happening......

The Rikaart Cowl finally came off the needles.  Here's a picture of the front.


Here's the back portion.


I love the geometric designs on this pattern.  I may make it in another color way in the near future. 

I still have several threads that need to be woven in; and, of course, I have to block it, but I can call this done.

Also, dug around in the pile of fabrics that have been languishing on top of the sewing table and found fabric that I bought last summer to make some pillowcases.  

I got two sets made.  This particular blue and white combo is my favorite.



Then there is this quilt that came in from Wisconsin from Pat who pieced this lovely Settler's Trail a number of years ago. She is now getting her old UFOs finished (don't we all know what that's about?).  


Can you imagine?  These little squares are 1/2"!


I did the Jessie's Swirls on this beauty.  




I told her this quilt looks great in my living room (just saying).  :D


I, also, did Jessie's Swirls on a charity quilt that I picked up at guild.




I'll be adding a binding to get this one completely finished.

Then I have some hospital sitting to do later in the week, so I pulled out some yarn .

This is the mohair I will be using along with some wool.  It will give my project a halo look to it.  



I am starting  this hat to work on in the waiting room.


You always have to have something keeping your hands busy.  This shouldn't take long to make.  

Oh heck, it was so easy, I got it done before even getting the "time" we are supposed to be at the hospital.


In the meantime, I have picked up a raccoon pompom to top this one off.  

Now I will have to find another easy project to work on.  

So I ran to Ewe-nique Knits and found this yarn for a baby sweater.  It's not for anyone in particular, but for some future baby shower for whomever.  Now to get it on the needles before Friday while I sit there for a few hours.


It's on the needles and ready to go. 


There's a small quilt already loaded on the longarm to get some custom quilting done to it; and I am already thinking of my next big knitting project which is a stranded sweater. Something I have never done, so I am excited, but procrastinating as well.  I would like to wear  this sweater while the weather is cold, but right now it seems daunting.  We will see.

There's always so many things to be done; but it always feels good to get them done and out of the way.

Happy crafting everyone!



2 comments:

  1. The first knitting project reminds me of a design you might find in ancient Aztec clothing...really interesting!! Your ability to knit these complicated patterns and use of color is so impressive. Jessie’s Swirls is a great quilting design that works well with different quilts - you can really see how lovely it is on the pinking backing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Anonymous) Sharon: You had a VERY productive week! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...