Saturday, December 8, 2018

Final projects before the holidays,....

I think.

I tell myself these are the final ones, but you never know.

Just took this quilt off the long arm.  


It's a variation of a split rail  done up from an exchange of Christmas fat quarters.  My customer, Heather, has had it in her stash for some time and this year was the year to get to it and get it done.

I used the "Flurry" pantograph to quilt this one.....


....using So Fine thread in a darker tan color to go along with the backing which was an ivory "cuddle" fabric.


I just love how it looks on the cuddle fabric. 

For myself (even though I said I wouldn't pick up another knit project until I worked through a problem on a cowl that I had started), I picked up my Christmas yarn for a pair of socks.  We will be taking a little road trip and I thought it would be a good idea to work on something easy while going along on the ride.


I fell in love with this yarn that I saw on Etsy from a shop called DyeforEwe and I just couldn't resist.  It looks good enough to eat ....or at least makes me want to eat some candy canes.  These will be fun to make and as you can see, I have gotten quite a bit done already  before even leaving for our little road trip.  Oh well, there's always the second sock to work on. 

That's it for now.  

The house is decorated, the tree is up and decorated, the Christmas cards are sent, menu is being made up for  Christmas Eve dinner (cookies are at the bottom of the list since we DO NOT need any cookies in this house!!, but I may break down and make a few), Christmas concert schedules are marked on the calendar for all the grandkids.....Christmas will be here before you know it.  

Here's hoping you are ready for the holidays, too.  





2 comments:

  1. Could I schedule you to come and organize our holidays? You are so prepared!!! A great snowflake quilting design on your friend’s quilt; so wonderful on the back - it could be reversed for double use! Love those fun candy cane socks...but no cookies??? My family would move me out to the pole building if I did not make Christmas cookies...this year is a huge challenge though with trying to count daily WW points...all ready added almost a pound of weight gain just from Thanksgiving & trying to get back on track...Safe travels and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Anonymous) Sharon: Such a pretty quilt! I agree with what Pat says. I need some holiday organization over here as well!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...