Monday, May 21, 2018
My husband built me some shelves for the "stash" closet so that I no longer have to stack all my large Rubbermaids on top of each other. Now I can easily access each container when I need something.
In doing so, I have found fabric that I haven't seen in awhile, so I have been on a roll cutting, stitching and getting things done.
Both of these checkerboard (there are two alike) baby quilts are now complete and I even found fabric in the stash to back them with. Nothing like getting yardage used up without having to go shopping for more.
I cut this one out and put it together in no time at all.
What a great pattern for making a quilt that has fabric that you don't want to cut up. I am going to call this one Garanimals (remember those?) All this is from the stash again and it has matching dot fabric for the backing.
I may make another one with this pattern with some fabric I found in the bowels of the Rubbermaid containers that is a print that deserves not to be cut up, too.
That was all yesterday.
Today I sat down with some freezer paper and a ruler and drafted out a pattern for a large project bag for my knitting. It is similar to the little wristlet origami bags (dumpling bags) that I made for single skeins of yarn. Those were 4" x 4" x 4".
This one is 9" x 9" x 21".
This fabric and the lining were, also, in the stash. It should hold a whole project like a sweater or a shawl.
Here is the reverse side.
I couldn't believe I found a fabric that was aqua with an olive green print that goes so well with the floral fabric (which by the way my friend Nancy was getting rid of, so I took it thinking I might use it for a backing). It makes up cute as a bag.
There is enough of this floral and aqua fabric to make up another dumpling bag, but I might try and get a 2 skein-er made up out of the leftovers. I'll have to draft that one up as well. We'll see.
So, all this sewing is making me feel very productive. Love de-stashing. Can't wait to see what is next.
It's been pretty productive around here lately. From this.... To a completed Doo Wop shawl. Then from this...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...