Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Got in the organizational mood......

It's very tiresome when you aren't organized, although I thought I was.   When you have to use a flashlight to see what you have in a cubbyhole like I do to see what colors of thread  I  have.....well, needless to say, I had just had enough of that.  


So, I talked my hubby into going to the hardware today and I bought some pegboard after we had already ordered some pegs from Amazon.  By the way, he is asking me if I want to buy a bag of 50 or 100 pegs.  He said,  "you don't possibly have 50 spools of thread?  Right?"  Well, when you are long-arming....thread seems to accumulate.   I got the bag of 100.

So, we bought the pegboard and boards to mount it to today.

4 x8


Cut down to 4 x 6 .


Then down to 3 x 6'.


Cut the bracing strips and attached them to the back.




The first thing I attached to the pegboard was the magnetic IKEA spice containers that I have had for eons.  I was going to attach them to the wall, but this turns out to be a better choice.



They contain parts for the long arm, needles and my leader grip clips.

Then it was on to the pegs and getting really organized.


My leader grips are at the top and I have started adding the pegs for my threads.




Like threads are now together and I even had room for rulers.  There's still plenty of room for more, but for now I am a happy camper and everything is out in the open where I can easily see it.  So much better than digging through a pile of rulers and rummaging through threads to find the right ones.   

I think  I will pull up a chair and just stare at all this neatness.  

3 comments:

  1. Such Awesome organization skills!
    Wonderful that hubby made the Peg board wall for you.
    It looks fabulous with your growing thread collection on display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good show!! Had to laugh at your husband’s query - 50 spools of thread?? Little do they know...
    I have personally spent more time looking for something then actually sewing...but my small sewing room is more organized now. Bought a revolving stand with 4 tiers at Harbor Freight and it holds many of those tiny little items we seem to use and get lost in drawers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! Looking for stuff is so frustrating. I don't blame you for wanting to just sit and stare at it!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...