Sunday, October 22, 2017

To Hawaii and back.....

....or at least that's how I feel after finishing this customer quilt today.


It's a big one!  92 x 90".

Each and every shirt was a different Hawaiian print and just made me feel so tropical.  

I was all set to do a custom job on this quilt, but the customer wanted a panto, so she chose "Banana Leaf".  I don't think she could have picked a better panto for this quilt.





To better do this panto on this quilt since it had dimensional collars on each shirt, I had to tack down each collar to prevent my machine foot catching the collar and either ripping her quilt or breaking my needle.  You may be able to see the bright orange thread that I used to tack them down.  I used a bright thread so that the customer could see them to better remove them.

The back was so tropical, too.


Here's a close up.



I just had to lay out the quilt to get the full effect of this quilt and to show just how big it was.



I think she is going to really like this one.  I know it makes me happy just looking at it.  It even goes along with the beautiful weather we are still having here in  MI  (76 degrees today).  That's unheard of for us in the middle of October, but I'll take it any old day.  

Well, I think I will be dreaming of warm, balmy breezes and maybe a Pina Colada for the rest of the day today.  Who knows what tomorrow will hold.  

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Such a very fun and happy quilt! - Great choice of the banana leaf panto too. Hmm...wonder where I packed away those old mumuus and my husband’s Hawaiian shirts from when we were in Hawaii during R & R (Vietnam)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Anonymous) Sharon says: That turned out great! Such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...