Monday, October 30, 2017

Off to California.....

I got this quilt in the mail on October 27,  got it quilted and it's ready to go back to California today, October 30, 2017.  


It was a quick one to work on since all the customer wanted was a meander which is a good stitch for a T-shirt quilt.






My Millennium handled this quilt like a charm.  It's heavy!  It's going to be WARM, too.  


The backing was a pretty flannel print of black and grays.

I am sure hoping the recipient of this quilt lives in a cold climate like Michigan as we are  becoming quite chilly here and it will surely keep them warm and toasty.  

I used So-Fine thread top and bottom in a dark charcoal.  It blended beautifully with the backing and for the top it didn't overpower the colorful t-shirts yet blended nicely with the black sashings.  

This was a nice little reprieve from working on the huge Hawaiian shirts quilt  that I recently did and then taking time out to set up a customer's new APQS Lucey this past weekend.  

Now I am thinking of loading one of my own quilts  if I don't get another customer quilt in  before I get around to actually doing it.  

Happy quilting everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking T shirt quilt and quilting stitch...everything is so smooth...Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on this T-shirt quilt!
    I've never made one, but if I ever do I will know who to send it to. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Anonymous) Sharon....that looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...