Saturday, September 27, 2014

I digress

.....but only for a moment.
 
I have been working on some quick satisfaction projects that are crochet.
 
First is my daughter's birthday present, a poncho that she has been wanting for the last couple of years.
 

 
Then there are the Minion hats.  I was making one for my youngest grandson, but made it too big, so the second youngest asked for it. 

 
 
The next size down is going to work out just fine for the youngest.  He will be 1 year old in just a couple of weeks. 
 
Now that these are done and after doing a little shop hopping with my friends, I am ready to get back to quilting. 
 
We stopped at three shops  with a couple of them being new quilt shops to me. 
 
One was Time Remembered Quilting in Macomb, MI. She is really new;  and I had my eye on a couple really pretty pieces of fabric, but I held back. 
 
Then we stopped in at Cristina's in Rochester, MI.  She re-opened after being closed for a good 18 months. 
 
I picked up fabric for  my youngest grandson to make  a pillowcase.
 
 
Then we headed out to Oxford, MI where there is a fairly new shop called Kindred Spirits Quilt Shoppe.  There I picked up some really cute Halloween fabrics.  The wordy one is for the backing of a quilt that I want to make, the stripe is for the binding and the oranges are for hunch back cats. This quilt may not be done for this Halloween, but it makes me want to get to it soon as I just love the backing fabric.
 
 
So, no more excuses.  I have to get back to the machine and start producing and not just buying fabrics. 
 
I will keep you posted.   
 
 

1 comment:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...