Sunday, September 21, 2014

Been busy, been in a funk, just plain not enough hours in a day.

That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. 
 
Finally got myself into the sewing room today and realized I haven't shared all my purchases from the Grand Rapids quilt show.
 
 
Already started these two mini flags that came with a stand. Now I need to get the buttonhole stitching done and then I can use them.
 
 
Bought this dot fabric for the backing of my QOV challenge quilt and have it all pieced together as of this evening.  I even made the binding, so this quilt just needs to get on the long arm.
 
 
On the Dot are little markers for your rulers. I am anxious to give these a try and the little bottles are fabric ink with the six dabbers.  I am going to try using this on the back of a wedding quilt that had signatures but the marriage didn't last.  I'll let you know how that works.
 
 
I have a request from one of my grandsons to make a sock monkey.  I made each of the two older ones a monkey long ago and now this one wants one, so I thought I would make two for the two grandsons that don't have one.  This may be a Christmas project.
 
 
Bought yardage of this fabric for a backing because I just couldn't resist.  On returning home, I found the perfect quilt for it and it is one of those that is nearly done.  Just loved this fabric.  It was calling my name every time I walked by it. 
 
 
Just because!  Maybe I will make a little zippered bag with these. 
 
 
12" show special cutting board. 
 
 
Yes....$3.97.  I thought that was a super price.
 
Well, that's it for my purchases. 
 
As for my finally getting into the sewing room today.  I pieced the backing for the QOV quilt that I showed you above.
 
I cut out a backing for a baby quilt that was made out of left over triangles from a previous project.
 
 
......and I cut out the backing for my huge white/black/red Chinese coin quilt.  Now all three of these are ready for the long arm. 
 
Also, I should mention that I got the coolest pin cushion from my son and daughter-in-law this afternoon.  They just returned from a belated honeymoon to Scotland.  The pin cushion is made from recycled sweaters in a Scottish motif stuffed with sand from the northern Shetlands.  How cool is that?
 
Anyways, here is a picture of all the goodies they brought back for us. 
 
 
There are a couple little bottles of Scotch, some handmade soaps, fudge that is flavored with scotch and my pincushion. 
 
All-in-all, today was a good day.  Just maybe I am finally out of my funk.  One can only hope.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful finds & treasures!
    Your little mini flags look super cute.
    Congrats on finding the perfect fabric for your challenge quilt!
    LOVE that darling baby quilt top too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing all of your purchases !
    That fabric is wonderful ! Great find !
    The mine flags are adorable and the baby quilt is so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin is what strikes my fancy.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...