Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1?

How can this be?
Time is just flying by way too fast this year.
 
 
Where have I been?  I attended the Grand Rapids AQS Quilt Show over a week ago. 
 
I took my featherweight to keep me busy in my room as I didn't have a roommate this year.  I used the above post card for my paper piecing.  Yes....I was working on my Hearts and Hands ...again. 
 
 
Didn't get as much done as I thought I would because after attending the show I was pretty pooped by the end of the day. 
 
I took a few pictures of quilts that inspired me and some close ups of machine quilting that I liked.  Here are just a few of those pix.
 
 
 
 
I have a thing for birds.
 
 
love this stitching
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This one I am posting for a friend who is doing something similar with a quilt she is working on right now.  It made me think of her. 
 
As you can tell, I have very eclectic taste. 
 
I have many more pictures, but gosh.....there just isn't enough time to post them all. 
 
These quilt shows are well worth going to.  I highly recommend them if you get a change. 
 
It's been very hectic at work what with moving my office, getting new phones and getting a new computer (which replaced a very OLD computer) and thus didn't transfer over a lot of my files. That alone has made for one big headache at work. 
 
Hopefully, the next time I post it will be something accomplished on the long arm.  I have a charity quilt on it now that is varying sized strips and I am trying out different quilting designs in each of those strips.    I had to stop tonight as I was running out of different ideas for the next few stripes. 
 
Oh well, something will come up.
Stay tuned. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lol…I was saying to myself "That girl has a thing about birds"…and then I read your sentence confirming that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you saw some great quilts. And lots of birds!!! Can't wait to see what you're working on next time you blog.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...