Skip to main content

New blog regarding Beyond the Cherry Tree....

Keep an eye on this new blog set up by Sharon from .  We will be posting pictures and comments regarding our journey on the Beyond the Cherry Trees Quilt Album BOM; and I will be one of the contributors.

It will be so exciting to see all the different variations of this beautiful quilt.  I for one am excited about this. 

Thirteen block patterns have been released and we are all at different stages of this process.  I hope you enjoy taking a peek as we get started on this new blog.   

Thanks Sharon for getting this started!!!


  1. My pleasure, the more the merrier! It shall be fun to see what others are doing.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Checkerboard quilt

One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017.

I got this pattern from a blog called The Painted Quilt .  If you go to her blog and  under the free patterns go to "Stopped Me In My Tracks" quilt,  you can have the pattern, too.  
I did get this one quilted today using the Easy Peasy Baptist Fan pantograph.

Personally, I wish I owned the Circle Lord  mechanism that I could attach to my Millenium that would have given me "perfect" arcs, but once I finished the whole quilt, I am pretty pleased with the end results.  
I had purchased a big gingham check in yellow and white for the backing.

It's not a perfect match to the front which is done in Kona daffodil and a creamy white, but the whole quilt speaks Spring/Summer, warmth, brightness to me; and here in Michigan with our sub zero weather right now, that sounds really good to me.  
Anyways, I am hoping to get the binding attached tomorrow (New Year's Eve…

Disappearing Hourglass

This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake.  I did some research on-line looking for something to make with a layer cake.
I have discussed the whole process of making the disappearing hourglass here.
A couple fabrics were added to get enough blocks to get my 6 x 7 blocks and then I ordered another April Cornell fabric for the main border.
I added a small white border to finish off the outside of the blocks.

Then the deep periwinkle fabric was used for the outer border and one of the blocks, too. 

The top is complete.

A green dot fabric was purchased for the backing.

I put it on the longarm and I used another new-to-me panto called Venice.

It looks great on the fabric, too.  

Binding is the same as the final border.
The quilt is complete, binding and all.

Another finish.....yeah!!!

First project for 2018 is complete.....

Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so.
The first one completed is my yellow checkerboard quilt. The binding was machine stitched on the day before surgery with the idea that I would hand stitch it down after.  
So, here is #1 for 2018.

Not much yellow thread to spare, but sure glad I had yellow at all.  
There are a couple knit projects to work on; and if I feel like sitting in front of the sewing machine, I have some blocks that need to be put into a top, but we will see.
For now, I am healing and just glad there are things to keep me occupied if the need arises. 

Happy Quilting!