I finally found the time to finish up my liberated baskets quilt.
I thought this would take no time at all to put on the 1.5" stripe border and then my 6" red border, but when I started taking measurements......my quilt was not square! Argh!!! I hate problems. I couldn't just trim, but had to add fabric because I was WAY OFF. "sigh". So much for being liberated. I need a pattern AND I need to work in my own environment, not on a 6' table amongst chaos at a retreat and trying to hang my stuff up on a loosely hung piece of batting on a wall. I squared up all my blocks, but I think trying to hang them up and make them fit just didn't work for me. But.....the borders are now on and don't look too bad. The quilt isn't perfect, but it is ready for the quilter and I think next time (if there is a next time), I will make blocks in a uniform size.
Also, started prepping for block #13 of the Cherry Trees. I have made my master sheet.
...and marked my background to get a general idea where my applique pieces will go.
I will be stitching tomorrow.