Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Little more Gwen time......plus....

Just thought I would share a couple more pictures from my Gwen retreat. 

Nancy, Sharon and I are called the "Quilty Chicks" and we have had some really fun times together.  We originally met at our first guild and came together to form our own little mini group.  (Vicki, the fourth in our group, left us to move to Florida when her husband retired). 

Here we are enjoying something we really like to do.....eat.  This was at a restaurant in Elk Rapids called Siren Hall.  It was a converted "garage" and they had the best food and some really good drinks.


We needed some good sustenance so that we could get back to sewing all day and all night at Gwen's retreat.

This quilt is what Gwen calls her "floor quilt" challenges.  The whole quilt is made up from scraps that are picked up on the floor from everyone at retreat and then the next year they come back with a mini quilt. Some of these quilts are really beautiful and this one gives you an idea of what some of these talented woman can do with very small scraps that are thrown on the floor. 


Other than Gwen's retreat this past month, I hadn't gotten much sewing done, but in the last couple of days I did get one more Hearts and Hands block done.



Also, got my next (and I am really running late on this BOM) Cherry Trees blocks started.  Yes....I just have the freezer paper ironed onto pieces of fabrics, but that is some headway.



I'll be ready to start stitching on this real soon. 


4 comments:

  1. Love the "floor" quilt. ? for you. Do you have your freezer paper on the right side of the fabric for needle turn? Have you done "back basting" applique? How hard was block 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really had a great retreat. I'm glad! Floor Quilts Challenge sounds very interesting. I could get into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your applique block done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post and like the idea of the "floor" quilt...we have our Fall retreat in two weeks and I just might mention this to our ladies -
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...