Saturday, May 28, 2022

Some longarming happening here


Mars Attack the movie was on my mind the whole time I was working on this customer quilt.  



I used Puppy Paws pantograph for quilting this one.  Cream So Fine thread on top and bobbin, too.  


The puppy prints and bones on the backing are so adorable, too.  


Next customer quilt was this Lemoyne Star quilt.  

It's such a lovely blue.....something I don't see often are blue quilts. 

I used Dasies Galore pantograph for this one.   




The picture doesn't do this minky justice, but it really is a rich navy blue.  


One of the great perks working on minky is seeing the beautiful texture that is produced with the stitching.  It always amazes me how good it looks.  Even better is the cozy quilt that it makes, too.  

From this quilt I went to the commissioned quilt that I have been working on.  The customer gave me the fabric and the pattern and that's where I took off.  

The top is complete.  This was made from a layer cake that has a campy feel being made  for a little boy. 


The backing was from Hawthorne Fabrics and I had to piece it.  It reminds me of the North Star....something you see when you are camping.




From there, it's on the longarm getting it quilted with the Prism  panto.



Now on to the binding.  My goal was to have this one done by the end of May and I made it!!



  It is  now off to its rightful owner.  

I am now going to take a two month break from customer quilts.  There is so much I want to get done around here....painting a couple rooms in the house, there are five of my own quilts that require custom quilting, I would like to enjoy some of the beautiful weather rather than being stuck in the basement working on deadlines, family issues that need to be attended to, vacation and whatever else I can fit into two short months.  August will come around way  too quickly I am sure.  Yes, I will be busy around here,  but it will be at my own pace with no deadlines.  

Happy quilting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...