Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Charity quilting.....

As charity chairman for our guild, I am prepping some of our charity quilts for our next Sew-In coming up later this month.  I have plenty of kits for the gals to work on, but if there is someone that doesn't want to drag out their sewing machines in our bitter winter weather here in MI, I am getting a couple quilts ready for just getting bindings sewn down.  

I took this twin-sized bedspread off the Millie today.  I freehanded it using the Loopy Clams design as an all over.  

This quilt and a few others just like it are using up a lot of our stash by making a bunch of scrappy 4-patches.   We are making these to be donated to  aged-out foster kids.






Another quilt prepped for binding is this kitten quilt (lots of cats front and back)  that will most likely go to one of the local children's hospitals or if they aren't accepting quilts at this time because of COVID, then it will go to Project Linus. 

This one I just meandered for a quick finish.

This is a quick pattern for using up a lot of fabric in one shot.  



It's now ready for binding.  

Now I feel comfortable enough to put one of my own quilts on the longarm and have time to get it done before the next customer quilt comes in.  

Stay tuned.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...