Monday, November 2, 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......


Christmas is not what I wanted to be thinking of already, but customer quilts are coming in.  The first one I completed was a Christmas tree wall hanging. 


I quilted it using the "Starlet" pantograph.


It really shows up well on the butter yellow minkee that was used for the backing.


I used cream Glide thread on top and cream Filtec bobbins.

This is just the first of many that I have to get quilted in the next few days.

In the meantime, I did get the binding hand stitched down on the color blocked quilt 


Can't say that I will be getting anything else done for myself for a few days as my customer wants her quilts done pretty quickly so that she has plenty of time to get them all bound before the holidays.

The next one done for her was this one that I will called Framed Santas.


I used the "Flurry" pantograph on this one. Snowflakes to match the snowflakes in the borders.


I used white Glide on top and even used white Filtec bobbins since the thread buries itself in all the fluff of the minkee that this customer loves to use.  


This was a luscious crimson red minkee.  You can't see the thread stitches, but the definition of the design really shows well.  


There's still more for this customer, but I thought I would share these for now.  

Gotta get back to Christmas stitching.  









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...