Monday, June 1, 2020

Thimbleberries Big Block Quilt

This 20-year-old Thimbleberries, paper pieced, Big Blocks quilt is finally done.  Yes.....this was started 20 years ago and finally retrieved from the bowels of my UFOs to be finished.  What else do you do in quarantine?



Put it on the long arn where it was stitched in a gold Glide and a gold Filtec bobbin using the Azalea pantograph.  I used this dense pantograph to make sure all those seams were covered .






The backing was bought on sale from a quilt shop that was struggling to stay afloat during the quarantine period.  I would certainly hate to see our beloved quilt shops have to close because of this very long shut down.  



I am loving the texture on this quilt and even though 20 years have passed,  I am thinking I still really like this quilt even though my taste has changed in what I like to make in quilts today.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 20 year old UFO now finished! Ive just finished putting the blocks together for a quilt top which date back to Year 2000, so that's 20 years old as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circular “sawblade” block really caught my eye - well done!! And the quilting design you used with the thread color really brings everything together. The warm colors of Thimbleberries are still some of my favorites. 20 years? Just yesterday in the scheme of things, right?? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...