Thursday, September 19, 2019

Busy, busy, busy......

The past week or so has been a whirlwind.  Being chairman for the guild's charity committee kept me hopping and so busy at guild that I almost wasn't able to enjoy the meeting.  I am trying to get everyone exited about making up our kits, trying to keep records on who is taking kits or returning them and recording those who just bring in a quilt.  I had three quilts that I wanted to show that I was donating as charity quilts, but never did get them quilted in time.  Hopefully by the next meeting I will be able to do that, but then again.....there are kits to be made up again.  

In my spare time, I am putting together a quilt that my daughter-in-law has requested.  She and I have picked out fabric and in the last day or two I have cut out  half square triangles with the Quilt-in-Day ruler (which makes life so much easier when you don't like making hst). All I had to do was cut 12" squares, stitch and cut out.


Then with the Bloc-Loc rulers that I bought (now I realize how worth the price they are), I got 120 blocks all trimmed and ready to go.



I tried a few blocks up on the design wall.


It's going to be a very contemporary quilt.  The colors are navy, blush, and 4 varying degrees of ivory/tan.  

Once I get this laid out, it won't take any time at all to get it stitched.  

......and just like that, the top is done.


On cleaning up from this, Sharon who has a wealth of ideas for charity quilts running in her head, made a call out to make some crumb blocks.  So, with some scraps that were sitting on my table and even already in my garbage can, I threw together these two little blocks.



Ok.....onto the next stage of my quilts.  Hopefully I will be sharing some "quilted" quilts whether they be charity, DIL's or mine....I need to get this pile down.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely little blocks, so bright and fresh.
    Gift quilt duty is always busy but so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...