Monday, June 15, 2020

Working a little on a lot......

After my curbside pickup and in-store shopping spree at my local quilt shop (by appointment only) , I have been trying to complete some old and some new projects.

First off, I picked up a very old knitting project  with the intent of getting it finished. I was bound and determined.  I don't believe it was 20 years old like my recent quilt finish, but I would guess maybe 10 years old. Why I stopped where I did, I don't remember, but all I had to do were the sleeves and bodice.


It is off the needles and just needs to be seamed which I promised myself I will do very soon.


Then I pulled out some very old lotto blocks that I won at a quilt retreat.  I am going to say in the early 2000s.  I had the center sewn for some time, but the plan was to add a border where I was going to add some applique.  Well, done is better than just lying around waiting for me.

I added a small yellow border.  (the yellow I had just picked up)


I had plenty of the blue floral print to add as a border and for binding.  


Here it is folded in half on the design wall.  There is enough yellow for the backing.   It is now on the to-be-quilted pile.

Then I had this cute block that was inspired by a pattern that Sharon teased us with.



I had made it up and liked it; but then when we went on our shopping spree last summer, I found this bright floral print and the first thing I thought of was this block and that if I made just a couple more of the floral blocks, I could make a cute quilt.

Well,  I think I waited just a bit too long to get to the whole thing and ended up with a fairly large quilt when I think I was only planning on a baby quilt.



I think in all, I made a total of five blocks and will have the floral fabric on either side of the blocks.  It, too, is now sitting on the to-be-quilted pile.  The backing I bought for it is the sky blue grunge dots.

Then as charity chairman, I got around to pulling some of the charity fabric for another pattern that Sharon had bestowed upon us.  There is enough of the little red/white/blue fabric for the backing on this one.  




Another one on the to-be-quilted pile.  (sigh)

Then I got carried away with looking around at what else there was to pull a quilt together for within the charity fabrics.


There was a bunch of this smiley face fabric, so I pulled 9 from charity and then one more from my stash to make a Missouri Star Company Double Slice quilt.  This one did not take long at all.  I had it done in an afternoon.


There was enough of the yellow smiley faces to back this quilt.  

Again, on the to-be-quilted pile.  

Good grief.....I need to get busy on the quilting part of this sewing spree; but I pulled one more  ugly (to me) fabric from the charity stash.


Today I went and picked up some solid Kona to  sash 20 of these blocks.  It should make a nice boy quilt when it is done.    I'll save this quilt for the next post; but I have definitely been on a binge for getting things done around here.  

Actually, there's more, but I want to save them until they are fully done.  It tires me out just talking about all of them AND thinking that they all need to be quilted yet.  

Anyways, I am going to try and keep up this momentum.  





2 comments:

  1. You are on a roll! Have you thought about adding a computer to your longarm? I love mine for all the edge to edge quilting I can get done while I am sewing more quilt tops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you possibly bottle some of that energy and mail it over? Goodness, you are getting so much accomplished. Always like seeing your knitting projects and all the different yarns. Seems like my days are digging in the dirt or moving rocks and when evening arrives, trying to stay awake long enough to do some stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...