Saturday, June 6, 2020

Shopping after quarantine.

Last week I called in an order for fabric at one of the local quilt shops with the thought I would be picking it up later that day so that I could complete a project or two.  After giving her my order and my credit number and the transaction being finalized, she said, "ok, it will be ready for curbside pickup on Tuesday"......it was Wednesday and I really wanted my quick fix right now!

Oh well, what are you going to do?


Some of these fabrics were for a new quilt and the yellow was to finish a "very old" UFO.  

Then to top it off, when Tuesday rolled around, my DH made plans for us to participate in a car parade with his '71 Chevy Nova.  I can't complain about that, except that it took place during the only hours the quilt shop was open; but we paraded through several nursing homes and a local hospital.  It really was an honor to  participate in thanking health care workers and visiting the nursing homes whose residents have not been able to see their families because of the quarantine. 

In the meantime, the "stay at home order" was lifted.   Now you can GO to the quilt store, but you have to make an appointment AND wear a mask.  "sigh"

So, I made my appointment for Thursday.  Beforehand, I sat down to figure out just what I needed to finish four projects I had going here.  I got everything I needed except for one.  I needed some ancient Robyn Pandolph fabric, so had to do some searching online for that.  

Anyways, I came away from the store with this haul.


Will I make another "appointment" for shopping?  Not if I can help it.  Six people  were limited to 45 minutes (some of that time is meant for them to clean after you have left), so I felt rushed, claustrophobic with the mask on and it just didn't feel like the same experience of an enjoyable shopping trip in  my favorite quilt shop.

So stay tuned for some finished projects in the very near future.  Three of them are already for the long arm as I write this now.  The Robyn Pandolph fabric is in the mail; and once that is here, the fourth quilt will be ready to go.  

1 comment:

  1. 45 minutes??? How frustrating that must have been...it normally takes me that long just to do a first walk through and get acclimated! But still, to be able to actually touch fabric after such a long time must have been fun. I have yet to make the first trip to any LQS. have not ordered much on line though except a pattern and a book. Loved Robyn Pandolph fabric and will be waiting to see what she is up to now.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...