Thursday, June 18, 2020

Working as Charity Chairperson.....

It's not always easy working with someone else's stash, but when you are the charity chairperson for your quild, that is exactly what you have to do.  I am a year into it, so as you can imagine, I have used the more appealing fabrics first to make up quilt kits or even quilts that I have made myself from this stash for adding to the pile of quilts we donate.  

I am now pulling fabrics that aren't appealing to me.  Sorry, I am sure they are to some as they were for the woman who donated  (or the family that donated her stash to the guild once she passed), but when you don't know what they were going to do with a certain fabric.....well, you are just on your own.

So......my mission was to pull a fabric and decide I was going to make something desirable out of it.


Dolphins it is.

I found a simple, free pattern on Quilted Twins.

The pattern I chose was I Spy Simplicity.

I took one of my blocks to the quilt store and picked out a Kona solid called Turquoise that coordinated well.


This is pretty true to color since I took the picture outside.

Now I am on a roll getting the snowballs made and the vertical  sashings on.



Now to get the horizontal on.


Now I have a completed top. 

I did a little fudging on the pattern, but this really is a quick and easy quilt to make AND uses up a lot of fabric at once, too.  

I will use the rest of the dolphin fabric and some of the solid to piece a backing.  

That "to-be-quilted pile" is getting bigger all the time!



1 comment:

  1. Well you knocked that one right out of the park! Good job. The turquoise fabric add really goes well. Betting some young person will be tickled to receive this and dream of dancing with the dolphins some day.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...