Friday, February 8, 2019

Sew-In Day with the Guild

It's always a time to look forward to when we have our Winterfest Sew-In day  that the guild puts on.  All day to sew with a catered lunch.  Actually, I think I was looking forward to the lunch the most..

Anyways, there's always the decision as to what to take; and are you taking enough to work on for the whole day?

I brought my red/white/blue blocks that I had been working on previously.  I had them all pinned and ready to be sewn into rows. I was happy to get that done...rows, that is.  On getting home, I finally got around to getting that top together.  This measures about 54" square.


There is the Bonnie Hunter  green quilt that I am working on (slowly).  I prepped 6" blocks of green and neutrals and got them all sewn together to make 8 half square triangles from each of those.  I still need to get them cut out and trimmed AND make more.  I need 480 hst for this quilt.


I had pulled all my neutrals out of their bins and hope this quilt puts a big dent in that pile.

Another two pillowcases were put together with fabric that I found in the stash when I went through looking for neutrals for the Bonnie Hunter quilt.  I finished both of those and donated them on the spot.   Sorry....I forgot to get pictures of those before handing them over, but I am glad to see more fabric get eliminated from the stash and they will be donated to Children's Hospital. 

The "plus" quilt was dragged along, but I never got to that one.



I, also, brought along a pattern with fabric for a wallet, but that, too, did not get out of the bag.



It didn't bother me that I didn't get to everything.  I just didn't want to run out.  I am glad to have gotten done what I did.  Progress is progress in the right direction.  

Now my busy week is done and I plan on spending a few days on a sewing binge here at home.  We'll see what I can get accomplished.  Wish I didn't have to do laundry, cook, eat, shower.....etc.  Does anyone feel like that sometimes?

Well, I did get to spend the day in the sewing room today and have three quilts prepped and ready to go downstairs to the long arm.

I bought some fabric for a backing for the red/white/blue quilt and got it pieced. So, that is #1 quilt ready to go.

#2 quilt is a little older UFO, "Make it Simple" from a class that I took with the guild earlier.  In digging through my greens for the Bonnie Hunter quilt I found a green that would make a great border for this one.  So, I added the border and found a backing in the stash that works well with this one.


#3 quilt is my guild challenge.  I got two borders put on it, pieced a backing and it is now on the pile to be quilted.  This one will have to wait until June before I can share it though.

Then to end my day, I got  all three bindings cut out for these quilts.  I like having my bindings ready to go so that I don't procrastinate on getting them totally done once quilted.  The bindings will be stitched tomorrow.



Well, there's a quilt already on the long arm that needs to be completed and another customer quilt waiting in the wings, so that will probably be on the agenda tomorrow.  But.....I am going to chalk today up as being a very productive day.

Happy quilting everyone.  





2 comments:

  1. Far better to pack too many projects than run out part way through your sewing time. Looks like you had a great time stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you made major progress! Sometimes I think by having projects all together, you get a new, refreshed take on everything and all the planning starts to come together. And often when sewing together with other quilters, you get a push from them too (and probably so many new ideas!) Yep - cleaning, cooking, etc. are a definite interruption...

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...